Change the logo in Modern Team Site -- Strange behavour

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I've been facing recently a problem with the modern Team Site where I was, weeks ago, able to change the logo using Powershell but now I got some strange behavour:

1) On "front-end" pages, like Site Contents or Home.aspx I get my custom logo but, after a second it's automatically replaced by the Default one.

2) On site information it's my custom logo there

3) On my backend pages, like Site Settings, it's the custom logo as well.

What is hapening here?

Can anyone help me please? Really appreciate.

Thanks,

Marc

11 Replies

I would change the logo for the Group itself, rather than trying to apply it to the Team Site.

Hi Hunter and thanks for your reply,

I think the PnP command used when I create the team site:

New-PnPUnifiedGroup -GroupLogoPath $logofilePath

Sets the logo image for the whole group, not only for the team site page.

Also when I apply some other branding customizations in the site I do this:

Set-PnPUnifiedGroup -Identity $groupName -GroupLogoPath $logo

So, in theory, this should change the Logo for the whole group as well.

Thanks,

Found this thread. This apparently used to be a bug across all of 365. Seems as though using a .jpg used to fix the issue, but also seems as though support was not super responsive to people having the error. 

What is the file format you are using, and what is the size of the image?

It's Png format and the size 88x88 pixels.

But I think the same than you, it seems to be a bug. Let's wait if someone of Microsoft says something about it.

Thanks for reply, 

Anyone find a fix for this yet?

I am still having this issue, updating the logo using powershell and it applies for a second then it reverts back to the default block colour with a letter. 

Any updates would be very helpful. 

Why haven't they fixed this yet?  Something so simple as changing a site logo can pose such a problem for people?

Same behavior here.. trying to upload both a .jpg and a .png, tried different sizes, different logos, etc.  As soon as the page loads the correct logo shows up, then, quickly, is replaced with the generic default one.

I've gone into the permissions for both groups and SharePoint.. added myself as the Group Owner, Site Owner, etc and still the same behavior.

Can you PLEASE fix this, Microsoft?  This really dampens what is otherwise a great product.  If we cannot brand these sites, then it pretty much renders them useless for corporate use.

In addition I have tried uploading the image both through the Groups section and the Sharepoint Site section under 'Site Information'.  The logo shows just fine for the Groups, but it simply will not stay on the Team Site.  It always reverts back to the generic site logo.

Hey Microsoft, logo rendering should not be rocket science. Corporate leadership does not like going to their sites and not seeing their company logo. This is a bad image for Microsoft...pun intended. Please get a team on this.

@TerranIncognito 

I have the same issue on SP online, but it's an old problem...Seems like no one cares :(

Change the group icon via outlook to a new 64x64 icon. Delete the __siteIcon__ png and jpg files in your site assets library. The logo should now be pull the new group icon from exchange.