Change Site Design

Copper Contributor

Is there a way to change SharePoint site design from showcase to topic? I'm not too saavy with Powershell yet but I'll try it if that's the only way. I'd prefer to use something in the UI if possible.

2 Replies
You can just edit the home page and add the web parts that you want. There is really no magical difference in the types of communication sites - just the layout on the home page. All of the different layouts can be 100% customized. You might want to take a look at the lookbook site to use for inspiration that is "none of the above!" https://lookbook.microsoft.com/

Hi, I also have this question. I created a communication site initially with the showcase design and upon seeing it want to change it to the topic design. I just want to quickly change it. But when I go to gear menu > Site Design > Available Site Designs (Choose a site design dropdown), the options are just "None". I've skimmed multiple pages of SPO documentation and still do not see instructions on how to change it. I just want to quickly change it for the comm person. I don't want to tell that staff member I couldn't find out how to change it and just to customize it herself. This should be easy and it's weirdly not.