SOLVED

Change rights when sharering Sharepoint Item - Edit without remove

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

we are using SharePoint Online in our Office 365 portal.

I would like to prevent users from being able to delete list or document library items when they get shared with them when editing is enabled. They should be able to modify, post comments but not to remove them.

rufus0815_0-1615448569740.png

I have tried to change the Permission Level - Modification but I have the feeling this is not what applies to sharing / sending a link. It has no impact.

I have removed the following rights from Permission Level - Modification :

- Manage Lists - Create and delete lists, add or remove columns in a list, and add or remove public views of a list.

- Delete Items - Delete items from a list and documents from a document library.

- Delete Versions - Delete past versions of a list item or document.

Help would be welcome !

Thanks

Rufus

1 Reply
best response confirmed by rufus0815 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Afraid Edit always contains delete. There isn't a way to change that. Items are always recoverable within 90 days and if that isn't enough you could configure a retention policy which would retain any deleted content for however long you want it to be retained.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rufus0815 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Afraid Edit always contains delete. There isn't a way to change that. Items are always recoverable within 90 days and if that isn't enough you could configure a retention policy which would retain any deleted content for however long you want it to be retained.

View solution in original post