change access on list item using ms flow

Brass Contributor

I am using "Grant access to an Item or a folder" in MS Flow to give Edit access.

I am using Role-Can Edit and its working fine and user can edit that item.

Now I want to Rollback this Edit access for same user and want to give Read access only.

I am using same flow , with same "Grant access to an Item or a folder"  only changing Role-"Can View"

but after running this flow with Role-"Can View" user still able to edit it, i want user only read it.

what changes i need to do to remove edit access and keep it as read only

5 Replies

@rautchetan27I tried to replicate the issue with the below flow and it seems to work for me user can only read. I think you might have already done but make sure you are removing permission and adding permission afterwards.

Vikram_Samal_0-1591646513060.png

Once the step is complete this is the item level permission:

Vikram_Samal_1-1591646638206.png

Thanks,
Vik
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Vikram_Samal 

doing it manually for each item is very long process, can we do that for all items for user...ie. all list items having edit permission for users in one short...set it at list level?

@rautchetan27I have two questions:

1. You want to set permission at list level or item level?
  2. When we are using flow why you have to do manually, it will take care when item gets created.

Thanks,
Vik
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Vikram_Samal 

I want to set permission at Item level.

I am using " grant access to an item or a folder" and giving edit Role , so for that items..user can edit.

but i want to change Role from edit to view, I am using same "grant access to an item or a folder" and giving  read role by "Can view"

but after setting it to "Can view" still user have edit access?why its not changing to read access?

how I can revoke edit access at item level for users not manually...but through flow using "grant access to an item or a folder" and make it only read access

@Vikram_Samal 

I dont want to stop sharing list item with all user, but only with particular user.

"stop sharing item or a file" ..applicable to all users/groups...no option to stop sharing with particular user/group...

i dont want that, i want stop sharing user specific for list item