Cards missing in Board View when filter is on

Copper Contributor

I have a List in Board View which I would like to filter to show only cards where a certain person in my company is in the field Assigned and where this field is empty.

When I do, only cards where this field is empty are visible. 

When I clear the browser history, the cards where I (or any other person) am in field Assigned appear. This lasts only a few minutes, then they disappear again, and only cards where field Assigned is empty are visible. For the missing cards to appear again, I have to clear the browser history.

Please help me figure this out. I can't be clearing the browser history every five minutes.

6 Replies

@eirikurbth Can you check and confirm, did you save the list view after applying filter conditions?

1. Go to SharePoint List
  2. Click on Settings (gear icon) > Select List settings
  3. Scroll down to "Views" section on list settings page
  4. Select your board view
  5. Check "Filters" section on view settings page
  6. If any condition is missing, add it as per your requirements and click on Save/OK button

OR If you are able to filter Assigned to column from modern list view, apply required filters on the column and then use "Save as" option from top right corner where you change the view to save the changes you made to list view (save view with same name).

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap thank you for the reply.

I have tried both methods you mention. The result is the same, I only see cards where nobody is assigned.

@eirikurbth Can you show us how you have configured filter options for your list view?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap,

Just now I created a new view with no filters.

When I attempt to filter by Assigned, I am only given the choices @Me or Empty, although there are many different people assigned in the list.

Skjámynd 2022-11-02 120608.png

When I filter by @Me, no entry appears:

Skjámynd 2022-11-02 120817.png

When I filter by Empty, entries where nobody is assigned appear:

Skjámynd 2022-11-02 120854.png

If I clear the browser history, everthing works fine ...

Skjámynd 2022-11-02 121700.png

... until I open another website in another tab. Then I am back to square one, as shown in first screenshot above.

@eirikurbth This is a strange issue!

Try clearing browser cookies, cache and site data one more time and see if it works for you.

If it is not working, raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly at: Get support for Microsoft 365 - Online support 

Hi @ganeshsanap,

I am clearing my browser history every 10 minutes to see my entries. It only holds until I visit another website.

Thank you. I will contact online support.