SOLVED

Cannot view all items

Copper Contributor

I have a list in classic view with 2 views, "my items" and "all items".  I have it shaded and also removed the option for the users to change the view and set the default to "my items" so the view is restricted. I am the administrator and should have full permission but this is a team site and it seems there are some differences.  I need to run a report and cannot see anything when i switch to "all items" except for what i entered. I have set up an approvers group that should have full permissions to view this list but they cannot see anything either.  Can anyone help me trouble shoot this? thanks! 

3 Replies

@AWatkin3 It seems like You have done one of the following:

1. Set a "filter" also on the All Items View
  2. Changed the "Draft Item security settings" in the Versioning settings of the List/Library

Check this two options and see if you can change anything there in order to get it to work again.

DraftItems.JPG

@AWatkin3 

Grant yourself the site owner and check the items.

best response confirmed by AWatkin3 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thank you for your replies @MagnusGoksoyrOLDProfile  and @Alireza Rahimifarid.  I checked everything you both mentioned.  I am already the site owner, there were no filters or anything. It actually turns out that the view was created using a webpart and something got messed up with it somehow.  It wasn't there when at all when i checdked, i re-added it then set the correct target audience and when i saved it the old one came back. it was very strange.  But i wanted to provide the update in case anyone else has a similar problem.  Thanks again for your replies!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AWatkin3 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thank you for your replies @MagnusGoksoyrOLDProfile  and @Alireza Rahimifarid.  I checked everything you both mentioned.  I am already the site owner, there were no filters or anything. It actually turns out that the view was created using a webpart and something got messed up with it somehow.  It wasn't there when at all when i checdked, i re-added it then set the correct target audience and when i saved it the old one came back. it was very strange.  But i wanted to provide the update in case anyone else has a similar problem.  Thanks again for your replies!

View solution in original post