Cannot show the value of the filter on list column

Brass Contributor

In SharePoint online we have a list with about 1500 items, list has a infopath form attached to it, No of items in the list is less than threshhold limit defined for online list. We can see all the items in the view but when try to use column filters in list view it gives errors out "Cannot show the value of the filter. The field may not be filterable, or the number of items returned exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator."

I have googled but every one suggest list items limit but in this case the items are already under the limit. I tried to add index on the two columns which we are using in the view, tried to limit no of columns in the view , add filters to the view but nothing helped. 

Any suggestion what else can be checked 

4 Replies

What are the columns you are trying to filter? You don't by chance have like a 5000 item drop down list or something do you? 

Does it do it with any column you try to filter on or just certain ones? 

Most of the columns in the list are single line of text, Yes definately checked it total number of columns is less than 1500. 

It errors on all the columns 

@KJS

I'm also facing the same issue, were you able to fix the issue?

I am having this issue in 2022 as well. My list has a total of 10 items, so I am not anywhere close to any limit.