SOLVED

cannot see a list of new column created in sharepoint list

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I have created a new column (Calculated), called "Overdue days" in sharepoint list.

Then, tried to set a new rule in Automate tab. 

Once I clicked "A column value changes" under "Create a rule", then I clicked "Choose a column". But I could not see  "Overdue days". 

I can see this column when I view the list in All items. 

Wondering why i cannot see it in the list in creating a rule. 

2 Replies

@KMK82 you cannot use a calculated column in a rule which is why it doesn't appear in the list of columns. It's the same limitation within Power Automate where you cannot add a filter query using a calculated column.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

best response confirmed by KMK82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@KMK82 You can find the list of supported/unsupported columns and more information about Rules feature in SharePoint at: Rules in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by KMK82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@KMK82 You can find the list of supported/unsupported columns and more information about Rules feature in SharePoint at: Rules in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post