Cannot open Form Setting when I was trying to switch back to the original SharePoint new item form

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I was trying to switch back to the original SharePoint new item form instead of PowerApps customized form, when I clicked on form setting under list setting, it gave me an error message saying "Sorry, something went wrong

A file or folder with the name Lists already exists.

"

I'm looking for a way to either fix this error to open form setting or to switch back to the original SharePoint New Item form without form setting.

Thanks for helping!

5 Replies

@Yumiao22 Try opening the form settings page using direct URL in below format: 

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteName/_layouts/15/FormSettings.aspx?List={f608be74-6aeb-4768-a957-04fb7ac1a877}

Where "f608be74-6aeb-4768-a957-04fb7ac1a877" is GUID of list which you can get from list settings page.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi, thanks for your help, I tried the URL and changed the GUID but it will be directed to a page saying "404 FILE NOT FOUND"
I am having the same problem (err or and direct url doesn't work). I know it's been a while, but did you find a solution? Thanks!

@MKnox2009 @Yumiao22 

Can you show us the URL you are using to navigate to form settings page? It will help to debug if there is any problem with the URL you are using.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap 

I am using the following url:

mycompany.sharepoint.com/teams/sites.xxxx/_layouts/15/FormSettings.aspx?List=%7B8688A...

The message I get is "A file or folder with the name teams/sites.xxxx/Lists already exists."

I can go to any of the other links, like Advanced Settings:

mycompany.sharepoint.com/teams/sites.xxxx/_layouts/15/advsetng.aspx?List=%7B8688A...