Can you have different configuration layouts for different Forms coming into same sharepoint list?

Copper Contributor

Hi  

I have two different forms coming into the same sharepoint list, one is very complex and I have configured it to display in sections.   My second form is much more simple and just have two sections.  When I try and configure the second forms data it picks up all the orginal configuration.   Can I have two different form configurations within the same list?

8 Replies

@Wales13 when you say "I have two different forms coming into the same sharepoint list"  do you mean 2 forms from Microsoft Forms or something else?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi Rob
I have two different MS Forms responses coming into one list - the second one is view in a different View

@Wales13 you'll need the columns in the first view to reflect the questions in the first form, and the second view to reflect the questions in the second form.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi Rob

I have that, but when you open a form from the Sharepoint List which is coming from the 2nd MS Form it displays the original configuration layout, with all the sections that relate the the more complex form.

@Wales13 

Wales13_0-1650896558196.png

you can see here, I don't need all the sections to be displayed 

@Wales13 well yes it will, a SharePoint form can't change based on what the original Microsoft Forms form is.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

So I just want to be clear on what you are saying. If you have a single List, with two different views, in each view you have hidden a selection of fields. One being a simple view with only a few of the fields, and the other view showing all the fields in the list.

In each view you selected the columns you wish to show. The views now show only those columns you selected and they are different in each view.  When I click on the New Button in either view, the form that is provided is a shared form to all views and is not contextual to the View you are in?  Meaning, if I apply a JSON to the Body of one form only formatting the columns in that particular view, then I do the same in the other view with JSON that formats the columns that show in that particular view only - the form for each view updates with the last JSON saved regardless of which view you were in.

Is that what you are saying?  If so, is there a way to override that programmatically with additional code or something? This is the issue I seem to be having too and it makes no sense that these form layout settings would not be contextual based on the view you are in, unless there is a required field you have removed understandably.

@projectlogic  there is no way to have the list form show columns in the context of the view. You would need to use sections with a section for each of the MS forms.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)