Can we force the Document library's Filters pane to filter all the files inside the folders

Steel Contributor

Inside the classic UI i use the "Metadata Navigation and Filtering" feature to be able to filter documents inside our document libraries. but unfortunately this feature will not work inside modern UI, and instead we have the modern filters pane, as follow:-

filter pane.png

but the main issue with the filter pane compared to the "Metadata Navigation and Filtering", is that the filters pane will not filter all the documents, and it will only filter the documents inside the current folder. so my question is, if we can force the filters pane to work on all the documents inside the folders?. of course i know that i can create a list view and chose to show all the documents without folders, where in this way the filters pane will work on all the documents, but doing so will raise a threshold error in our case, because our document library already have 7500++ documents and folders.

2 Replies
What about creating a custom view with no folders and use the panel filter in there?

@Juan Carlos González Martínthanks for the reply, but as i already mentioned in my question

of course i know that i can create a list view and chose to show all the documents without folders, where in this way the filters pane will work on all the documents, but doing so will raise a threshold error in our case, because our document library already have 7500++ documents and folders.