Can't remove site

Steel Contributor

Hi 

I have a site collection I can't get rid of - I see it in the deleted site Recycle bin - but can't delete it from the new SP admin center nor with Powershell (remove-spodeletedsite) 
11.png

14.png

It's not shown in the classic admin (and its a classic site not comm site) 

12.png

but if I do a get-sposite its there - but can't remove it with Powershell - remove-sposite -identity .... 

13.png 

So how do I get rid of the ghosted/corrupted site?

5 Replies
Do you have any Add-in or SPFx WebPart installed in your sites? If so, that's probably the reason you are nont being able to remove the App Catalog...Might I ask why you want to delete it?

Hi @Juan Carlos González Martín 

wrong URL - among other issues :) 

only have the root site - and no spfx 

- it's funny - I can see it's in the Site recycle bin - but can't delete it ... I can't restore it either 

PowerShell tells me it's not in the Recycle bin - but when browsing to it - it's not available ?? 

Can't create a new App Catalog either nor point it to the URL ...

remove-spodeletedssite gives me "unable to find the deleted site: ........"

....so a bit stuck  - can of cause wait 30 days - then it should remove it self - but that doesn't change that the site are at the get-SPOsite list...     

@Taen kerenHave you gotten far with this? I have a similar issue. For me, I can access the site even if it's in the recycle bin, but it's not in the site collection list. If I went to the recycle bin to permanently delete it, there are no buttons to do it and it would only give me Restore.

@Deleted  - waited 24 hours :D 

@Taen kerenthanks for the response. It's been a week since I deleted my site and it still shows up in my Recycle Bin without the ability to permanently delete, only restore and it is still accessible so I ended up submitted a Service Request.