SOLVED

Can't print markups in pdfs - iPad - Sharepoint

Copper Contributor

Hi Community,

Our company is using Sharepoint (editing pdfs through OneDrive though) on iPad on construction sites to speed up the process of writing details/notes and submitting them. Unfortunately our team in factory has to print out those pages as we are still in process of transferring to be paperless, but not completely there yet.

It all worked fine until Monday 13/07 (an update in SharePoint or in Adobe happened?) and since then the whole system broke and we cannot print out those markup notes. Tried to print on 4 different printers even outside of company, so the problem is most likely in the way how iPad/Onedrive saves the pdf file to Sharepoint?

In Adobe's settings we have marked "Print notes and Pop Ups" and when printing: print "Document and Markups"

When I edit the pdf, upload it to sharepoint, get to pc and open it, I can see all the pencil marks. When try to print, nothing prints out. 

When I make pencil marks on pc and try to print everything works fine.

I attached sample document.

Any idea what could be happening or what kind of setting to change?

Thank you!

P

4 Replies

@WindowMaker 

We are having the same issue. Something changed to OneDrive iOS app or Sharepoint. If I write with a pen on iOS Onedrive app to a PDF file located on sharepoint, this markups cannot be printed out later on windows.

Did you find a solution?

@DavidL2255 

Hi David, 

unfortunately we didn't find any simple solution yet. I tried to search in different forums (Microsoft, Adobe, Reddit), but no success. 

Only way we are able to print those mark ups is, that you "flatten" the document on pc. I think the Adobe Reader has that functionality when you have pro version. We are currently using PDF Element. That one has flattening for free, but leaves watermark on every page. It's good enough for our use, but we are still searching for better solution.

best response confirmed by WindowMaker (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Update: There has been new updated for OneDrive few days ago and it seems we are back to normal. Everything works as before and we can print markups again!

@WindowMaker wrote:

@DavidL2255 

Hi David, 

unfortunately we didn't find any simple solution yet. I tried to search in different forums (Microsoft, Adobe, Reddit), but no success. 

Only way we are able to print those mark ups is, that you "flatten" the document on pc. I think the Adobe Reader has that functionality when you have pro version. We are currently using PDF Element. That one has flattening for free, but leaves watermark on every page. It's good enough for our use, but we are still searching for better solution.

I face the same issue while printing pdf. Now i have resolved the issue.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by WindowMaker (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Update: There has been new updated for OneDrive few days ago and it seems we are back to normal. Everything works as before and we can print markups again!

View solution in original post