Can't export to Excel from a SharePoint list view filtered on a termset column

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a SharePoint list with a view filtered on a termset (managed metadata) column. See below

Intentional_BI_0-1679432396356.png

Intentional_BI_1-1679432418132.png

I can export the list to a CSV with 2,247 rows. However, if I export to Excel, I got an error: "You do not have permission to view the entire list because it is larger than the list view threshold enforced by the administrator."

Intentional_BI_2-1679432809953.png

I don't understand why the error occurred because the result is within 5,000 rows. I wonder if any of you have this issue before and what the solution is. 

Thank you.

3 Replies

I am seeing a similar issue on a couple sites.  Did you find a solution?  @Intentional_BI 

@jvpenna18 Our solution was to import the list from SPO to Excel files instead of exporting data out of SPO.
Hello, Pls I need your help I have Excel 2021 stand Alone. i m not able to start Excel: I have also Win 10; PowerShell vers 7 (i starets with all privilège). I start the scripte with : C:\Users\admin> Get-ExcelFileSummary -Path '.\admin\OneDrive\excel-2021\Mondphasen_test.xlsx' I get this error Get-ExcelFileSummary : Le terme «Get-ExcelFileSummary» n'est pas reconnu comme nom d'applet de commande, fonction, fichier de script ou programme exécutable. Vérifiez l'orthographe du nom, ou si un chemin d'accès existe, vérifiez que le chemin d'accès est correct et réessayez. Au caractère Ligne:1 : 1 + Get-ExcelFileSummary -Path 'C:\Users\admin\OneDrive\excel-2021\Mondph ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-ExcelFileSummary:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException Tnk for your help Arnold