Can't edit List items in modern page

Iron Contributor

Hello,

I noticed there is no option to edit the item after adding list webpart to a modern page. New Item can be added but edit provide share, copy link and delete option only.

Claims.PNG

The only way I can edit currently us by double clicking on item in the browser to open it in new tab. However, in mobile version it's not possible. 

I am not sure there was edit before and something is missing now or if I did something wrong.

Thank you.

BB

5 Replies
Hi, that sounds rather strange. If I click the three ellipses in a list I see "Open, Edit, Share, Copy Link....etc " on the fly menu.

On mobile (at least iOS) I have "edit" in the upper right corner of the screen when looking at an individual item in the list.
Can you also try adding the list as webpart to a modern page and then check?
HI again, I obviously didn't read your first post thouroughly. I have now tested it using a webpart to display one of my lists and I can confirm that I get the exact same fly menu as you with only "share", "copy link" and "delete". However in the SharePoint app on my iOS device, I can still edit individual items (but this time the link is displayed top left instead of top right)
For mobile version, are you using the list or page to access? If page, I am seeing almost similar options available as in browser. However, if I access it using list, I am not sure how to access the different views.
Well, if I access the list "as a list" in the sharepoint app, then I get the edit link top right and if I access it through the page (in a webpart) then I get the "edit all" link top left. That's the only noticable difference I can see.