Can't add Heading (without link) to left Nav in modern Team site anymore?

Brass Contributor

I am no longer able to select whether I want to add a header or a hyper link to my left navigation in a modern team site? I can only add hyperlinks. Has this changed, or do I need to make an adjustment in site settings?

heading.jpg

7 Replies
Hello,
I was able to add a Heading from Site Settings - Quick Launch but with a link
Yes, I was able to do that as well. I don't want the page to re-load when the text is clicked, and trying to click that small 'carrot' on the left side of link text with child links, is NOT user freindly.

@barlage I just checked on our SharePoint tenant team site and I am able to add label/heading without any issues: 

ganeshsanap_0-1683705741709.pngDid you activate any classic experience site feature on your team site (like Publishing feature, etc.)? Or did you use classic experience settings from site settings > navigation settings?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap, Thanks for your reply. Below are the features I have turned on in my online site collection and site (communication site). Will you please compare with the features you have turned on?

In my root site, I currently have the following 'site collection features' turned on:
Document Sets,
Library and Folder Based Retention,
Limited-access user permission lockdown mode,
SharePoint Server Standard Site Collection features,
Video and Rich Media (Classic)

And the following 'Manage Site Features':
Following Content,
Getting Started,
Metadata Navigation and Filtering,
Mobile Browser View,
SharePoint Recommendations,
SharePoint Server Enterprise Site features,
SharePoint Server Standard Site features,
Site Pages,
Team Collaboration Lists,
Workflow Task Content Type

Then I have the following 'site features' turned on in my sub-site I'm trying to make a heading in the quick launch:
Following Content,
SharePoint Recommendations,
Site Notebook,
Site Pages,
Team Collaboration Lists,
Workflow Task Content Type

@barlage First of all, you cannot create a subsite as communication type site

Also, I just tried creating a team subsite and I don't see heading/label option under navigation same as you. I can see this option for site (site collection) but not for subsite.

Maybe this is default behavior by Microsoft. But, I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly and confirm this behavior with them: Get M365 support - online support  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

The ability to select Link vs Label on the left-side nav of a modern Team site just showed up in our tenant. Not sure exactly when this arrived - it wasn't there 2 weeks ago (when I found this post while searching for a solution) but it's there this morning.