SOLVED

Can i move the navigation for the communication site to be of the left side instead on top

Steel Contributor

I have created a new communication site and i got all the navigation links on top as follow:-

infoinfoinfo.png

so my question is i can move those navigation to be on the left side of the screen, similar to how the team sites (modern or classic works)?

thanks

7 Replies

@john john The functionality is not in place yet to customize the hub site navigation.

@Steve Pucelik wrote:

@john john The functionality is not in place yet to customize the hub site navigation.

just to clarify things, my current communication site is not set as a hub site,, atleast not at this stage

In that case the only options are in Navigation Settings for the communication site.

@Steve Pucelik wrote:
In that case the only options are in Navigation Settings for the communication site.

@Steve Pucelik 

ok thanks ,and will these options allow me to move the navigation from top to be on the left hand side? similar to how navigation works in classic and modern team sites?

No, this is one of several differences between the comm and team site templates. If you want left side nav, you can't use the Comm site template

That's actually incorrect to say, Quick launch was moved to the top for communication sites@Christopher Hoard 

"In contrast, if you have a Communication Site, the Quick Launch is on the top of the page. Communication Site is a special template that I explained here. While on a Team Site, we have Quick Launch (on the left) and Top Navigation (on the top), with Communication Site we only have one navigation on the top. Communication Site does not have Top Navigation. Instead, Quick Launch is moved from left to the top."

1 best response