SOLVED

Can I customize a SharePoint online page using Visual Studio Code and how?

Copper Contributor

Hi Experts, Can I customize a SharePoint online page using Visual Studio Code and how? 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by eldocg (Copper Contributor)
Solution
No, you cannot...you can customize a SPO page creating SPFx WebParts in VS Code or by means of PS

@Juan Carlos González Martín  what tool I must use for customize sharepoint pages ?

@eldocg I would be EXTREMELY cautious when customizing pages using ANY tool. We no longer control upgrades the way we did back in the day. There's no telling what new features could get added to SPO that could break your customization. There's no way to know when they are coming and, most importantly, no way to prevent the updates from happening. 

Best practice to future-proof your SharePoint is to stick with out-of-the-box as much as possible. Or at least be SUPER clear with your stakeholders about the risks and responsibilities for maintenance.

Microsoft have deliberately locked it down and prevented custom changes so that as they continuously develop SharePoint Online and introduce new features it doesn't break existing sites.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by eldocg (Copper Contributor)
Solution
No, you cannot...you can customize a SPO page creating SPFx WebParts in VS Code or by means of PS

View solution in original post