SOLVED

Can I create a "News Digest" email from posts just in the Hero Bar?

Copper Contributor

I can send out a news digest from posts under "news,' but I am not offered the same functionality for posts on the hero bar. Ideally I'd like to be able to select stories from the hero to include in a digest, and use my own branding. Is any of this possible? 

7 Replies
best response confirmed by rmsterling (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@rmsterling Unfortunately, this is not possible in SharePoint. You can only send the news posts in new digest.

For more information check below links:

1. Create and send a news digest 
  2. SharePoint Auto News Digest updates 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you. Two other clarifications since I am new to the admin side of this.

1. Is it possible to move the News section to the top of the page where the hero bar currently resides?
2. Am I able to create a hero bar under the news section (five frames)?

I am wondering if this is a solution to what I'm trying to do.

@rmsterling Yes. If you have permissions to edit the site page, you can make the changes as per your requirements.

You can add new section above hero web part section and drag news web part from below to this new section OR you can drag news section above hero web part inside existing section.

Check these documentations for more information: 

1. Create and use modern pages on a SharePoint site 
  2. Add sections and columns on a SharePoint modern page 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

So I looked at the current Hero Bar, and it's created as a "news" section with 5 slots. There are always 5 stories in those slots. That said, I do not have the "see all" option available. Reading the tutorial says that if the # of stories is fewer than designated slots, "see all" might not appear.

Since that's not the case, what am I not understanding and why is see all not available?

@rmsterling Unfortunately, it seems that "Hub News" and "Tiles" layout does not support "see all" option in news web part.

Please consider giving Like if my post helped you in any way.

Thank you, sir. You've been incredibly helpful. I have tried to "like" all of your posts, but it seems I can't do that either. Sheesh.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rmsterling (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@rmsterling Unfortunately, this is not possible in SharePoint. You can only send the news posts in new digest.

For more information check below links:

1. Create and send a news digest 
  2. SharePoint Auto News Digest updates 

View solution in original post