Can a ListItem's DisplayForm be accessed using query parameters on an arbitrary column?

Copper Contributor

I'll preface this question by saying I am very much a novice when it comes to SharePoint, so apologies in advance if I use incorrect terminology. I am trying to find a way to access the "DispForm.aspx" (i.e. a list item view) for a particular ListItem based off the value of one of the Columns that has been specified as required to be "Unique".

I can do this for either the "ID" or the "Title" column with a URL like one of the following:

When I tried this with my own column (named "PID", which holds an external identifier via which we would like to link to the URL for the ListItem page):

But this only loads a blank version of the display form, not the actual ListItem data I expected.

Is there anyway to accomplish this? From what I've read, this could require creating a custom display form (which I think would have to happen through Power Apps, since we're using the "new" SharePoint, but I can't find any tutorials that explain exactly what I need, and since I have a limited understanding of SharePoint, I wasn't able to see anything obvious in either the form editor or the documentation that accomplished what I'm hoping to.

Here's an example of what I see when accessing by ID:

LzFBq

Here's accessing by title:

HRaNG

Here's attempting to access by my "PID" column, which does not work:

dO7BD

Any thoughts on if this is possible or not?

0 Replies