Calendar webpart?

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to add a calendar webpart to a SPO page.  I know I can create a calendar under site contents and link it to the events webpart, but I really need a classic calendar look so it's easy to see at a glance what is going on.

I know I can add a group calendar, but that's not really what we need.

Also, I tried using the embed webpart to embed the URL of a calendar, but the embed webpart is not large enough to fit the whole calendar and there doesn't seem to be any way to resize it.

Is it possible to add a plain jane calendar (not group calendar) somehow?

13 Replies
Unfortunately, Microsoft does not provide a Calendar View WebPart as you mention here so your choice is to take a look at GitHub where there are some good examples of Calendar WebParts that might help you
The calendar view for Lists is rolling out now. If you a list with date fields, you will be able to create a “modern” calendar view.

@Susan Hanley What are the steps to deploy it?

Nothing to deploy. When it is available in your tenant, you should be able to create a Calendar view of a custom list with a date. See this blog post for more information: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-sharepoint-blog/sharepoint-roadmap-pitstop-septembe....

@Susan Hanley Just started seeing the modern calendar view in my tenant and am loving it!

Do you know, though, if they also have plans to have a web part option for this? Right now it is either "events" with two web part view options (they are nice, but they are not a calendar), and a list that has dates and a calendar view does not have the option to display as a calendar in the web part for the list. Feels like we are *almost* there, but not quite. :)

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll do some homework to find out. In addition to wanting the calendar view in a web part, I also want to be able to filter the items that show up in the calendar view - and that is not possible today either. So I agree - so close, but ...

@Susan Hanley Thanks, Sue! Much appreciated!

@vrtigo1 

There is no SharePoint OOTB webpart available to show as a Calendar on modern pages.

But, there are some SPFx samples available for calendar on GitHub. You can use them as it is or you can download and enhance them as per your requirement. You will need development/coding skills for this. Check below references:

1. js-modern-calendar 
  2. react-calendar 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Here's what I learned: Calendar view in the web part is planned - but no timing available yet.

@Susan Hanley Thank you, Sue! As always, you rock! :)

@vrtigo1 

Calendar view in SharePoint online is currently rolling out worldwide. You can create a calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft lists based on the date columns in your list.

Then you can add this calendar view in modern SharePoint pages using Embed web part (until SharePoint default list web part supports calendar views).

Check the detailed information in below blogs:

1. Create a modern Calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 
  2. Add Modern Calendar to a SharePoint Online page 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap that's good but the root issue is that the default list webpart does not support calendar view.

@vrtigo1 

Agree, default list web part does not support calendar views currently. We can only hope to get that feature too.

Until then you can use suggested workaround if that satisfy your requirements OR develop custom SPFx web part OR utilize the SPFx web parts developed by community members.