Calendar Overlay - user permissions

Copper Contributor

Hi! I have a master calendar that I want to add a bunch of calendars to using Calendar Overlay, but one of the calendars is confidential. 

If I overlay this confidential calendar, will others (who don't have access to the confidential calendar) see the confidential calendar events? If so, is there any way to prevent others from seeing the confidential events (except those who already have permissions to see it)?

Hope I'm making sense, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

B

3 Replies
Permissions will be honored, what I don't know is if the category will still show on the left navigation - should still hide the info but it's always nicer when folks can't click on something only to get access denied or see a blank calendar. If you have a colleague to test with, create a sample calendar and lock it down and see what the experience is like.

Hope that helps!
I am looking to solve for a very similar scenario. While the reply is helpful because it suggests its possible, now to figure out how to do it and test! Following.

@dhiatt If you go to the list settings of the calendar, then "Permissions for this list", then "Stop inheriting permissions" and manually add people to the list with edit permissions. In the Calendar Overlay, people without permissions will be able to see that the calendar exists, but they won't be able to see items on the calendar. Does that help?