SOLVED

Calculated formula contains a syntax error or is not supported

Brass Contributor

Hi!
I've a Date and Time column Revision Date.
Screenshot_201.png
And try to create a Calculated column Revision Date (dd mmm yyyy). It because I want to change a look of date and set to (dd mmm yyyy).
Screenshot_202.png
So, after added a formula =TEXT(Revision Date,"dd-mmm-yyyy"), I have an Error "The formula contains a syntax error or is not supported".
Screenshot_203.png
Could you help me please, how I can fix this problem?
Thx!

4 Replies

@Pavel48n0sh in your formula put Revision Date inside square brackets/parentheses.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

best response confirmed by Pavel48n0sh (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Pavel48n0sh Use below formula: 

=TEXT([Revision Date],"dd-mmm-yyyy")

Note: Sometimes comma(,) does not work in formula (I am not sure but it is based on something language or regional settings on your site). So, in that case use semicolon(;) instead of comma(,).

DocumentationCalculated Date and time formulas  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap which was exactly the solution I gave.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks for your comment @RobElliott. I am just trying to help OP( @Pavel48n0sh ) here.

Here are the things I provided in my response & thoughts behind it:

1. Complete formula with correct syntax: OP can directly copy-paste & try it.
  2. Note about regional/language settings: This may also be the problem for OP while using above formula. I have seen many people face this problem while using comma in formula instead of using semicolon.
  3. Link to Microsoft official documentation: If above suggestions do not work for OP, he/she can read the official documentation, check for correct syntax and write the correct formula on his/her own now & in future.

If OP confirms my above response does not help him/her in any way, I will delete my previous response happily.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Pavel48n0sh (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Pavel48n0sh Use below formula: 

=TEXT([Revision Date],"dd-mmm-yyyy")

Note: Sometimes comma(,) does not work in formula (I am not sure but it is based on something language or regional settings on your site). So, in that case use semicolon(;) instead of comma(,).

DocumentationCalculated Date and time formulas  

View solution in original post