SOLVED

Calculated field based off number range in other column

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create a calculated column that will take the outcome of a different column and auto populate this field with a choice.

so for example the ranges would be >=60 in the other field would auto select High Risk, >=30 and <59 would auto select Medium Risk and lastly <29 would auto select Low Risk

4 Replies

@christopherturner87 Try using below formula in calculated column:

=IF([Other Field] < 29, "Low Risk", IF([Other Field] < 59, "Medium Risk", "High Risk"))

You can adjust less than (<) and greater than or equal (>=) conditions as per your requirements. 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap so when i do the first two it works but when i try to add in the 3rd set for the high risk i get this error: The formula contains a syntax error or is not supported.

I found another example that is more of what i am looking for because i need a low, medium and high risk so the medium needs to be a range between 30-59.

Here is the formula that I found

=IF([Risk Rating]<29,"Low Risk",IF(AND[Risk Rating]>30, [Risk Rating]<59,"Medium Risk",IF([Risk Rating]>60,"High Risk")))

Any ideas?

best response confirmed by christopherturner87 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@christopherturner87 Did you try formula given in my answer above? 

If it is not working for you, try this: 

=IF([Risk Rating]<29,"Low Risk",IF(AND([Risk Rating]>30,[Risk Rating]<59),"Medium Risk",IF([Risk Rating]>60,"High Risk", "")))

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

The first equation worked to get me the Low & Medium but not the high but this formula did exactly what i was looking for. Thank you for your help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by christopherturner87 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@christopherturner87 Did you try formula given in my answer above? 

If it is not working for you, try this: 

=IF([Risk Rating]<29,"Low Risk",IF(AND([Risk Rating]>30,[Risk Rating]<59),"Medium Risk",IF([Risk Rating]>60,"High Risk", "")))

View solution in original post