Calculated Date Field

Copper Contributor

I have two SharePoint lists (let's call them List1 and List2). List1 is used to create events. List2 is used to schedule meetings in those events, so List2 has two columns (Event and Date) that are linked to List1. Once you choose an Event in List2, the date will automatically be pulled from List1. What I want to do is use the Date column that is linked to List1 to automatically calculate the date when entering new meetings and then you just have to enter the time. 

So in the form to create a new meeting you first choose the Event from a dropdown list. The date field in the form will be automatically filled in and then you just have to choose a time. Basically I am trying to avoid having to enter the date twice. I tried just creating my own dropdown list with times, but unless you do military time I don't see a way to sort properly. 

any ideas???

2 Replies

@jalward which version of SharePoint you are using? This is something not possible with SharePoint OOB functionalities. So, have you to go with some customization's.

If you are using on-premises version you can using SharePoint REST APIs/JSOM or if you are using SharePoint Online then you can customize the list forms using Power Apps. 

@ganeshsanap 

We use SharePoint online.