SOLVED

Calculated columns now appearing in Edit form in New Experience view on Sharepoint Online list

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Recently I have noticed that calculated columns are now appearing in my Edit form.......not the New form, when using the New Experience view for my Sharepoint Online List  The Classic view does not show these fields.

Not sure why Microsoft changed this so I tried to fix it myself.  However, when I went to the field in Content Type the selection for "Hidden (Will not appear in forms) is grayed out and you are unable to change.  This is the same behavior in older Sharepoint so it didnt surprise me but how do I get these fields out of my Edit form now?  

We need the ability to have them there or not just like any other fields.  

3 Replies
best response confirmed by cmaly (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@cmalyThere is a way so I created a small example with two number columns and one calculated column which adds the column values:

The new form looks like this:

Vikram_Samal_0-1592856078965.png

Now the edit form follow the below steps: Open the edit form and then Click on the Edi Columns

Vikram_Samal_1-1592856127359.png

Then Uncheck Calculated Column and Save

Vikram_Samal_2-1592856169063.png

Then the Edit form looks like this:

Vikram_Samal_3-1592856220409.png

Thanks,
Vik
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Vikram_Samal  Thank you so much!  I hadn't thought to look there.  Glad there actually is a solution to this one as sometimes that is not the case when changes are made :lol:

@Vikram_Samal do you have any similar option in sharepoint 2010 to view the calculated column in new form?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by cmaly (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@cmalyThere is a way so I created a small example with two number columns and one calculated column which adds the column values:

The new form looks like this:

Vikram_Samal_0-1592856078965.png

Now the edit form follow the below steps: Open the edit form and then Click on the Edi Columns

Vikram_Samal_1-1592856127359.png

Then Uncheck Calculated Column and Save

Vikram_Samal_2-1592856169063.png

Then the Edit form looks like this:

Vikram_Samal_3-1592856220409.png

Thanks,
Vik
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post