SOLVED

Calculated column - IF statement

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create an calculated column which returns a piece of text based on the number in a different field - 

1-4 = Manageable

5-19 = Material

20 - 39 = Severe

40+ = Very Severe

The number is in the Initial Risk Score column and i have come up with the below but am receiving invalid syntax - can anyone help me revise the formula so it works please?

=IF([Initial Risk Score]<=4,"Manageable",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>=5, [Initial Risk Score]<=19,"Material",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>=20, [Initial Risk Score]<=39,"Severe",IF([Initial Risk Score]>40,"Very Severe"))))

4 Replies
best response confirmed by robrkhw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@robrkhw 

Can you try below formula:

=IF(ISBLANK([Initial Risk Score]),"",IF([Initial Risk Score]<5,"Manageable",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>=5,[Initial Risk Score]<=19),"Material",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>=20,[Initial Risk Score]<=39),"Severe",IF([Initial Risk Score]>=40,"Very Severe","")))))

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

@robrkhw Based on conditions mentioned in your question, use formula like: 

=IF(ISBLANK([Initial Risk Score]),"",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>0,[Initial Risk Score]<5),"Manageable",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>=5,[Initial Risk Score]<20),"Material",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>=20,[Initial Risk Score]<40),"Severe",IF([Initial Risk Score]>=40,"Very Severe","")))))

Note:

1. Sometimes comma( , ) does not work in formula (It is based on language or regional settings on your site). So in that case use semicolon( ; ) instead of comma( , ).
  2. Make sure you are using correct display name of columns in your formula (case sensitive).

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

This works perfectly thank you
Thanks for your response
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by robrkhw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@robrkhw 

Can you try below formula:

=IF(ISBLANK([Initial Risk Score]),"",IF([Initial Risk Score]<5,"Manageable",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>=5,[Initial Risk Score]<=19),"Material",IF(AND([Initial Risk Score]>=20,[Initial Risk Score]<=39),"Severe",IF([Initial Risk Score]>=40,"Very Severe","")))))

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

View solution in original post