SOLVED

Calculated column for a Sharepoint list

Copper Contributor

Good Afternoon all, 

I need some help calculating a coulmn on sharepoint and was hoping some super users could help.

What I would like to do is a calculated column, im using 4 columns to calculate this. 

Column 1 is "Finding type" which is a choice column

Column 2 is "Internal External" which is a choice column 

Column 3 is "Containment" which is a text column

Column 4 is "Created" which is the default date column in sharepoint

The formula i would like is if the Finding type is "Minor" and Internal external is Internal and the Containment is blank and the created date greater than 5 days, the calculated column must show overdue.

My next parameters is if the Finding type is "Major" and Internal external is Internal and the Containment is blank and the created date greater than 1 days, the calculated column must show overdue.

Im not sure how to write the expression on sharepoint, please help. 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Keegan960 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Keegan960 Try something like this for your calculated column formula: 

=IF(OR(AND([Finding type]="Minor",[Internal External]="Internal",ISBLANK([Containment]),(TODAY()-[Created])>5),AND([Finding type]="Major",[Internal External]="Internal",ISBLANK([Containment]),(TODAY()-[Created])>1)),"Overdue","")

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Hello Ganeshanap,
The formula worked 1st time, amazing!!!
Thank you so much!!!
Hi Ganeshsanap, just had a thought, instead of having the column value as "overdue" if i had it =todays date , i could then automate a reminder to the owner. Is there a way to do change the formula to do this? Thanks for your help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Keegan960 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Keegan960 Try something like this for your calculated column formula: 

=IF(OR(AND([Finding type]="Minor",[Internal External]="Internal",ISBLANK([Containment]),(TODAY()-[Created])>5),AND([Finding type]="Major",[Internal External]="Internal",ISBLANK([Containment]),(TODAY()-[Created])>1)),"Overdue","")

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post