SOLVED

calculated choices for a choice column?

Brass Contributor

I'm going to guess the answer to this is no but just in case...

I need to give people the option to choose a combination of month and year in a multi-select choice column. For example, they might need to choose "November 2019, March 2020, August 2020, October 2020." Instead of populating the choices field with a long list of month and year combinations, I'm hoping maybe there is a way to have a hidden month column and a hidden year column and then have the choices field populate with calculated combinations (January + 2020, February + 2020, etc). Does that make sense? Any chance it is possible?  

(If you are wondering why I can't use two different multi-select choice columns, what happens if October and November are selected as the months and both 2019 and 2020 as the years. How would you know it was October 2019 and November 2020 versus November 2019 and October 2020?) 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by 0123456789 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @0123456789,

That is a very interesting scenario. As far as I know, it is not possible with a choice column. I think the user experience you describe is possible using PowerApps with an additional "transaction" list to store the results of the multiple selections.

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young Thank you. For some reason I did not get the email notification that there was a response to my post, hence the delay in my thank you. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by 0123456789 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @0123456789,

That is a very interesting scenario. As far as I know, it is not possible with a choice column. I think the user experience you describe is possible using PowerApps with an additional "transaction" list to store the results of the multiple selections.

I hope this helps.

Norm

View solution in original post