Building public facing web site using SharePoint Onpremises 2019

Steel Contributor

We have a SharePoint On-premises 2019 and we want to build a public facing web site for the company. So users can access the web site without having to authenticate?

Is this possible? If this is possible then can anyone provide useful links about creating public facing website using SharePoint on-premises 2019?

2 Replies

@john john As per this thread, it is possible to create public facing websites in SharePoint 2019.

Check the Microsoft documentations:

1. Overview of publishing to Internet, intranet, and extranet sites in SharePoint Server 
  2. Plan for Internet, intranet, and extranet publishing sites in SharePoint Server 

Also, refer your thread on SP StackExchange for comments by other community contributors for more information: Building public facing web site using SharePoint Onpremises 2019 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

YES!!! YES!!! and YES!!! Please take a look at www.drakenstein.gov.za or www.capetown.gov.za

Both of these are SharePoint websites.

There are many more I can demonstrate, but I am intimately involved with both of these environments and both of these municipalities use SharePoint on-premises for BOTH their internal and the public-facing environment amongst many other corporates that we support.

Sean Achim email address removed for privacy reasons