Bug - html tags added when changing column format to enhanced rich text and back.

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue where one day the list I created had html tags added to a description field when I tried changing column format to enhanced rich text and back.

So, what I did:

1) edited description field which was initially multiple line text 

Marina_Bloom_0-1675110652572.png

to

- enhanced rich format - ON.

2) The description now looks like this:

forum2.png

3) switching the toggle enhanced rich format back does nothing (it doesn't remove the html tags)

4) I have tried going to version history and it doesn't even have that as a version. Restoring it to previous version also doesn't remove that html noise.

My list is over 1500 items, and I really want to use it without all that html rubbish. 

Any ideas of how to fix this?

2 Replies
You can use power automate to replace the values on each item but the modified date/user will change. MS needs to fix this.

@Marina_Bloom

Do you have any JSON column formatting applied for your multiple lines of text column? If yes, please try removing it once.

If you this this is a bug from Microsoft, I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behaviour: Get M365 support - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.