Browsers and operating system combination, for limit access on unmanaged devices

Steel Contributor

I am reading this article about accessing sharepoint sites from unmanaged devices Control access from unmanaged devices . and the link mentioned this:-

If you limit access on unmanaged devices, users on managed devices who have the following browser and operating system combinations will also have limited access:
Chrome, Firefox, or any other browser besides Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 Firefox in Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2

beside the fact that the paragraph is not clear on the OS and browser combinations.. but my question is why Microsoft (under limit access on unmanaged devices) for example would prevent users from accessing sharepoint using Firefox on windows 7 ? actually this what i usually do, i have windows 7 and most of the time i use Firefox. is this related that certain functionalites will not work on Firefox/windows7  or there are more seriouse issues?

1 Reply

It's because of dependencies of the underlying technology. Managed devices in general represents a term, so not every device will qualify. You can get more details in the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/conditional-access/require-managed-devices#m...