SOLVED

Block List entry by calculated days

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

we have list for colleagues, which need to travel outside there homecountry. They have announce a travel at least 10 before the starting date.

In our list we have the travel starting date and the "entry created on" date. We want to block the entry if the two dates are less than 10 days away from each other.

Example:

Travel start date 24.01.2023, entry created on: 02.01.2023 = entry can be saved

Travel start date 24.01.2023, entry created on: 20.01.2023 = entry cant be saved and the employee must contact HR

Is this possible in a sharepoint list?

Regards

Erik

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ErikKohler (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @ErikKohler

you can use a column validation to check the travel start date. Configure your column and add an validation:

DavidMehr_1-1674628168496.png

In your entry it looks like this:

DavidMehr_0-1674628151668.png

Kudos to @ganeshsanap for more information: 

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/285184/date-column-validation-check-if-date-is-less-t...

Best, Dave

Thank you Dave, this helps me a lot.

Cheers,
Erik

@David Mehr Thanks for the mention David. Happy to hear that my solution helped OP @ErikKohler 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ErikKohler (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello @ErikKohler

you can use a column validation to check the travel start date. Configure your column and add an validation:

DavidMehr_1-1674628168496.png

In your entry it looks like this:

DavidMehr_0-1674628151668.png

Kudos to @ganeshsanap for more information: 

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/285184/date-column-validation-check-if-date-is-less-t...

Best, Dave

View solution in original post