Best practice for setting up a library with restricted access for different user

Copper Contributor

I have a long list of spec and technical documents that i want to share with external customers.

But i only want certain customers to view certain documents.  

• there are approx 4000 documents covering approx 300 products
  • there are approx 300 customers who need access to information on between 2 and 50 products

For example, if i assume 2 customer and 7 docs. 

• Customer 1 needs to be able to view doc 1,3,5,7
  • Customer 2 needs to be able to see doc 1,2,7

I can add extra columns to identify the customer and product type and can views, but i am not sure I would restrict the permissions or whether this is the best way to achieve this. One customer may have  3 or 4 members of staff that need to access the spec, so the easiest way of allowing access is via domain level rather than continually adding and removing individuals within a organisation.  

I do however have some questions

1. Is this the best way of achieving this and if so how can i restrict access to only the created view rather than the whole library?  Is it possible to share a view so that it appears in a "window" of its own but will not allow the filter to be accessed to full all the other records
  2. would I be better creating private channels in teams and adding the view as an app, I have tried this and it does work, but I don't think i can give access to individuals at domain level, but would need to add all individuals with their full email address and continue to maintain this
  3. Is there a better way of achieving this, so keeping other documents secure?

Many thanks

0 Replies