SOLVED

Azure AD sync account is adding admin rights to "All Users" on my sites

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

As per attached screenshot, saying Collection site administrator added. That account is adding itself and the "All Users" group to sites admin. I've tried to manually remove both "All Users" and azuread account from admin but it just adds itself and the group back a few days later.

My sharepoint is not in use yet, and I'd like if all my users could not edit my pages. Can't figure out where that automatic option would be, I've searched all classic and new sharepoint admin center options, maybe I missed something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ADessimoz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I found the source of my problem.

By luck, I guess, I had another issue on my Veeam for Office 365 and while resolving it I saw that somewhere there on the Backup accounts, the group All users was selected.

That was it causing the group to be added every night.

Never would have thought of going check that there if it weren't for the issue I had. Hope someday this might help someone

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ADessimoz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I found the source of my problem.

By luck, I guess, I had another issue on my Veeam for Office 365 and while resolving it I saw that somewhere there on the Backup accounts, the group All users was selected.

That was it causing the group to be added every night.

Never would have thought of going check that there if it weren't for the issue I had. Hope someday this might help someone

View solution in original post