Aw Snap issue in Chrome

Deleted
Not applicable

Since a few days i get a Aw Snap in chrome from one moment to the other no time or exception upfront does anybody know why this is hapenning? is it possible that it has to do with the new HTML Fiels Security or...

aw snapaw snap

37 Replies
I'm getting this as well, and have randomly for a while - and hit refresh to solve it.

Same here, multiple clients reporting this issue and telling them to use FF or IE isn't the best response. 

This article discusses the possible causes and workarounds but nothing for SP Online yet.

http://blog.jussipalo.com/2017/03/sharepoint-workaround-for-script-editor.html

Yeah Refresh helps but that is not what a user wants to hear after completing info :)

I've been receiving this pretty solidly for about a month now. Haven't been able to deduce a pattern.

More often when I am in Edit mode, but sometimes when not.

This article talks about it some, has a fix for on-prem but nothing online yet. Seems to be a scripting security isseu in Chrome. So we either wait for an SPO or Chrome update.

http://blog.jussipalo.com/2017/03/sharepoint-workaround-for-script-editor.html

I also tried removing custom scripts, snippets, etc to no avail.

I've been getting it for a few months now across multiple different tenants as i'm an SP developer. I've had it occur in back-end (site contents, sit settings etc) and front end publishing pages. The cause for it seems somewhat random, so it's hard to debug exactly what the issue is.

it seems other people found a solution removing a script editor.. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Script-Editor-Web-Parts-amp-Google-Chrome-57-don-t...

Thanks for bringing this up on the SIG call today. I checked and did not see an issue, could you please add one to the issues list? That will help the team track it and ensure they are aware. Thanks!

We did try this. Replaced script editor web parts with content editor web parts referencing script files in the site assets library. Still seeing this issue on those pages, list views, and more.

We have a few jQuery and SPServices "helper" functions on various pages we may disable to see if that helps.

please add comments to the issuelist and reproduction if possible. https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-docs/issues/564

I have been seeing it too. Adding to Github... :(

Having the issue here, too - across multipe client tenants. Worse in edit mode, but does happen on out of the box lists and libraries randomly too. HELP this sucks.

This is happening in our tenant to multiple users.  Has been occurring for probably 2 to 3 weeks.  

We have received this as well for the last 3 weeks. Opened multiple tickets with support and am told it is not a global issue and an issue on our site. The issue effects all sites in my tenant though. We refernced this thread and it made no impact. Anyone have any other fixes or ideas?

After much research and trial and errors (pun intended) I have found a solution. Go to "Settings" and scroll down to "Advanced Settings". In "Advanced Settings" under Privacy you must uncheck the box for "Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors". This has seemed to resolve the issue of the "Aw, Snap" error. 

I sent it out to my users to give it a go, thanks for sharing!

Hi Mike,

tested it in one of the tenants but still same issue.

It has been working for me so far.  Here are my settings . Privacy: First four are unchecked, Last four are checked.  Passwords and Forms: Unchecked 

All other Advanced Settings are standard.

I have been talking with another tech (network administrator) who has even worse issues with Aw Snap. His Chrome is not allowing access and is continuously giving Aw Snap. He and I have tested on machines that were re-imaged and bare metal installs. It is aparently the latest version of chrome. Older versions have no issues. 

Some of my users are getting this error frequently too, but i've only gotten it a few times when visiting the same sites.  I'd like to be able to reproduce it on demand before opening a ticket with MS support, though it sounds like it may be a Chrome issue.