SOLVED

Automatically aggregating / summarizing from one list into another

Copper Contributor

I want to aggregate / summarize information from one SPO list into another (without using a flow, Powerapp etc.).

For example, I have a list of payments, which includes a column called PaymentID, and I want to create a summary list which will automatically display the maximum PaymentID that currently exists in the list of payments. Then, when a new payment gets added, with a PaymentID that is 1 greater than the previous payment, the summary list should automatically display the new maximum PaymentID.

Does anyone know of a simple way of doing this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by AndrewCrompton (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AndrewCrompton This is not possible using SharePoint out of the box capabilities.

You will need custom solution using either using Power Apps, Power automate or SPFx customized list forms.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap 

Hi, Ganesh,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not too surprised that SPO does not allow this. I guess I'll have to make do with a PowerApps solution.

Kind regards,

Andrew

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AndrewCrompton (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AndrewCrompton This is not possible using SharePoint out of the box capabilities.

You will need custom solution using either using Power Apps, Power automate or SPFx customized list forms.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post