SOLVED

Automate - Rules - Notification mail - Language

Steel Contributor

A few weeks ago we started to use the new Rules feature in SP Libraries & Lists.

Initially all notifcation mails (for both Doc Lib & Lists) were sent in English.

Recently the nofitication mails are sent in the French language.

Which settings (Site Collection, Library, List, ... other (browser settings of rule configurator)) determine the language for the notification mails (subject & body)?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Eric Deferm Maybe it depends on regional settings for a site collection.

Try changing regional settings from site settings to check if affects the rules email notification. Follow Microsoft official documentation for more information: Change regional settings for a site 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Tx for insisting on checking the Site Collection - Regional settings > these settings are indeed controlling the language of the notification mails. Due to recent holidays it slipped out of my mind that I changed the settings to French. Changed them now to Chinese and all notifications mail are sent in Chinese. :thumbs_up: (apologies to start a threat for something trivial)

@Eric Deferm No problem Eric. This forum is for asking questions & for discussions, no matter if question is very simple or difficult. I am glad changing regional settings worked for you!

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Eric Deferm Maybe it depends on regional settings for a site collection.

Try changing regional settings from site settings to check if affects the rules email notification. Follow Microsoft official documentation for more information: Change regional settings for a site 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post