Auto Filling SharePoint Library columns with Outlook Email Quick parts Data

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm using Flow(MS Automate) to export Email with Attachments in my Inbox to a SharePoint Library. This worked.

Now the next requirement, I need to capture(populate) the Metadata AUTOMATICALLY in SharePoint Document Library for this Email item from the same E-Mail Content aforementioned say the Email Sender's A) Company name, B) Employee Name, C) Industry Domain of their Company etc

Can this requirement be achieved with Quick Parts in Outlook or any other method? If yes, Please explain the Process for the same .

@Mark Kashman @Bill Baer 

6 Replies
Hi,
You can use the Power Automate for the library whenever a file is uploaded, there are few actions from which you can get the metadata information.

Sudharsan, thank you for update.
I see Variables as one of the Feasible thing to Parse email content and extract data via Power Automate. Other options are Content parsing 3rd Party Apps like PARSERR which needs separate login unlike SSO in O365 to parse and extract data.

Which option do you think will be apt to Parse the Email Body and Subject Content ?

Hi,
My suggestion is to use Power Automate which is tightly integrated with many services and doesn't need any extra cost.

@Sudharsan K- I hope you mean the Variables option in Power Automate ?

Hi, Yes the variables option, sorry forgot to mention. If whatever you like to achieve covered when using variables, then there is no need for third-party actions.

Nice! Do you have any document or article explaining the process how to parse and extract Data from Email Content in Subject Line and Body via VARIABLES in POWER AUTOMATE to SharePoint Document Library columns ?