Attachments in SP List cleared before Saving

Brass Contributor

Anybody else having this issue? We have a SP List in a modern view (SP Online) with Attachments enabled and some columns.

What do we do?

- Open Item

- Edit All

- Add an attachment

- Update a Choice field

By doing it in this order, the Attachment is removed from the Edit All form before we can even hit Save. It used to work recently.

When Adding an Attachment only and saving immediately the Attachment is Saved. We do not have this issue in Classic experience, only in Modern. I tried this on several Lists, even created a new one for testing.

5 Replies
Sounds like the Choice field is acting like it's causing a refresh on the form when changing the selection. In a meeting, I'll report it if I can reproduce it when I get out.
Ok, I can reproduce this. As a work around, you can click edit form (Customer with powerapps). Make a simple change somewhere. Save and Publish the new PowerApp version of the form. This will utilize a Power app form for the edit all / new etc. for your list, and provide a work around possibly for now since I tested on my test list and it works fine. This will change the way the form looks a little bit but honestly choice fields etc. work as drop downs which I prefer, but something you'll have to test and decide.

Anyway, i'll ping the Team with this and see if I can get anything going with it. I would also recommend submitting a support request and reporting the bug from your end as well.

@Chris Webb thanks, I will Edit the form on my Test list and see if this solves it for now before updating the production form. If required I will log a ticket at Microsoft.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will have to log a ticket as I could not solve it with Edit From via PowerApp.
Unless you have more news from your Team on this Chris?
They duplicated the issue and reported up. I’d still put In a ticket anyway since it’s easy to repro.