SOLVED

Attachments for SharePoint List is attaching to wrong item.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

A user notified me that when they upload a file to a SP List item, the attachment is somehow getting attached to the wrong line item. They are using Chrome browser and this issue tends to happen every two weeks. MS Support ran diagnostics on the user's email and our tenant as well. Results returned okay. 

Screenshot example, file highlighted yellow is correct, but when uploading file highlighted in red to its respective row item the file uploaded to the wrong item.

SXT3410_4-1681851285267.png

I have not seen any documentation or discussion relating to this issue. Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated! I have suggested the user to test with MS Edge browser for now if issue is recurring. 

Thanks!

5 Replies

@SXT3410 Strange issue! I tried to replicate this issue on our SharePoint site but I cannot reproduce it.

Attachments are working fine on our SharePoint site. Is this issue for specific list in your SharePoint site or you are facing this issue on another list as well? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

The issue seems to be only with a specific list in a SharePoint site. I tested with a few other sites and the issue doesn't replicate as well. It could be user error, but we are diagnosing it by using a different browser. Will keep you posted on what we find.

@SXT3410 Is this happening with only one user or multiple users of this SharePoint site/list?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

It is only happening to one user in the list. There is only one user that uploads the attachment (PDF) to each list item, others are assigned to review and mark status as approved or reject. I have tested on a few items and can't seem to replicate the issue in the target list or on a new list.
best response confirmed by SXT3410 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SXT3410 Ask user who is facing this issue to clear browser cache/cookies (for all time) and login again to SharePoint site.

Also, make sure they are selecting correct list item while adding attachments.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SXT3410 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SXT3410 Ask user who is facing this issue to clear browser cache/cookies (for all time) and login again to SharePoint site.

Also, make sure they are selecting correct list item while adding attachments.

View solution in original post