attachment on sharePoint online list issue [urgent]

Copper Contributor

Hey Guys I need help, 

this is urgent, why the ability to add/Remove Attachment on sharepoint online list  for office 365 disappear, this is the core function of sharepoint list for approval.

Case : i try to change my attachment on list, then i click quick edit on list, but...boom i didn't find attachment column like usual, then i cannot add/remove or i try to delete the attachment but it can't,  i try see on list setting> advance settingAttachments to list items, but still enable and nothing changes

need your suggestion to solve this issue, 

14 Replies

Hi @dhan120394,

You can't attach a file to a list item in Quick edit view. See: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Edit-list-items-in-SharePoint-Online-dac1a1c3-a80b-4082-ba5... for more info.

I hope this helps.

Norm

Hi norm,

I already did that, but nothing changes, first i try to add an attachment after i click save button still nothing on attachment button,

the second i try with my list that has attachment on it, i try to delete but nothing changes too, the attachment still there,

This just happen today, for a few days before it was running well..

Have you any idea?
If the ability to add attachment to list items is not working and was working before, just open a support ticket so they can figure out what be happening
Hai Dhan,

related to this question, are you already solved this issue ?
Because we have the same issue.

Hai Mob @mob24 

still not resolved yet, Team from Microsoft just call me and still analyzing the issue, once it resolved i will post in here to update to you

@dhan120394, my team started experiencing this same issue with regards to being unable to add or delete attachments, this began AFAIK around 5pm on 8/9 for us.  Poking around this morning, I've noticed that I am able to add/delete an attachment when I switch to classic view, instead of using modern view.  We're also quite dependent on using the attachment feature so this is a big set back, please update if you learn anything.  Thanks!

@dhan120394 Noticed the same issue today on sharepoints.

Attachments are perfectly visible when the list item is opened directly from the list itself, but when opened through a modern page it doesn't show.

Very annoying. Hope they fix this soon.

FYI, I added a list properties web part to the modern page and linked this to the list.

There it does show the attachment. Just a quick temporary workaround to get to the attachments from the page directly instead of opening the list first.

@dhan120394 

We are experiencing the same issue. This is what we have noticed - the attachment to the list items are still working in the classic layout. In the modern layout, it disappears as soon as you hit Save.

Since the attachment function is critical function, i wish it will be fixed as soon :(, since i already implement the workaround but, my users still didn't comfort with the workaround

@dhan120394 

We have two different tenants and it's not showing up on both. But it's available on the list that you already had a attachments

clipboard_image_0.png 

clipboard_image_2.png

@dhan120394 

Saw this on the Service Health site:

Capture.PNG

This Issue has been Resolved by today thanks to Microsoft Support Team

Confirmed! Working again.
Thx.

Confirmed as well here, thank you for the follow up @dhan120394