SOLVED

Associated Sites not updating Theme from Hub Site

Brass Contributor

I have a hub site I am using for my new Intranet home page. I was using a custom theme and we had a change in brand colors. I have create a new theme using the colors from our comms team. I have changed the hub site to the new theme but none of the associated sites have picked up this new theme. I cannot change the theme for the sites b/c of their association to the main hub. Is there anything I can do to push this out or do I have to remove them from the hub and re-add them? It has been almost 24 hours since the change.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Joe Volk (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Joe Volk,

I've had the same problem happen to me a few times. I think re-adding the sites to the hub was the only solution. If you have many sites associated with your hub, I would recommend you to use a PowerShell script to update these values. Doing it from the UI is a terrible experience. Let me know if I can help.

@Carlos_Marins Thanks. The change never pushed so I removed the hub association and then re-associated them.

@Joe Volk Did that fix the theme issue?  We are having the same issue. Thank you in advance

This worked for me and was really quick to do.
This took time when I did it this week. The hub site changed, and gradually all linked sites complied over the next 24 hours.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Joe Volk (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Joe Volk,

I've had the same problem happen to me a few times. I think re-adding the sites to the hub was the only solution. If you have many sites associated with your hub, I would recommend you to use a PowerShell script to update these values. Doing it from the UI is a terrible experience. Let me know if I can help.

View solution in original post