Assigning list items

Brass Contributor

I am trying to see if there is a way to add some options to the right click option on a list. For example, I have a list with a column of 'Assigned To'. Rather than highlighting the item, clicking edit and having to look through all the edit options to see the dropdown, I was hoping there was a way I could just right click on the list item, an option for Assigned To shows which would then open the list of all of the options.

4 Replies

@timparsons Deploy a custom action to the list items - point to a PowerApp where the user inputs the data required. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/modern-experience-customizations-c... - Search for custom actions. Otherwise if the right click is desired, my best guess to implement this with the modern UI would be to code it with the workbench. Similar logic though - code a right click fly-out menu where you can do X and point to PowerApps where the information can be entered.

@timparsons I'd create a new view (like 'Assignments Needed') of the list that had the title, the Assigned To, and whatever other fields would be important. You could then use 'Quick Edit' if available on the list menu to put the list in grid view and edit it there. 'Course, that will only work on lists where 'quick edit' hasn't been turned off, and on views that aren't grouped by anything. Maybe an option?

Thank you for this, I'll check it out.
That's a good option, thank you.