SOLVED

Assciate Classic Team site with Hub site

Copper Contributor

any possibility to Associate Classic team site (Site collections created under sites  ..../sites/SC Name ) to a Hub site? 

Is it possible to do it? If yes, steps please. 

6 Replies
best response confirmed by M Mohana Anjaneyulu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I think this is coming, but for now what you can do is connect your classic site to a new Office 365 Group and you should be able to join to a Hub Site

Thank you. It worked. 

With out connecting to Office 365 group, can't we make it? If we connect to Office 365 group, it almost changing Template it seems. 

Yes, you can do it with PowerShell but you will only see the Hub navigation and the other stuff in the modern "side" of your classic site
And this is the way of doing using SPO Management Shell (you will need to install last version or simply import SharePoint Online cmdlets in a regular PowerShell Session):
$sUserName="<SPO_Admin_User or O365_Admin_User>
$sMessage="Type your Office 365 Credentials"
$sSPOAdminCenterUrl="https://<Office365Domain>-admin.sharepoint.com"
$O365Cred=Get-Credential -UserName $sUserName -Message $sMessage
Connect-SPOService -Url $sSPOAdminCenterUrl -Credential $O365Cred
Add-SPOHubSiteAssociation -Site "<Site_To_Add_To_Hub>" -HubSite "<Hub_Site_Url>
Remove-SPOHubSiteAssociation -Site "<Site_To_Remove_From_Hub>"

Just replace the "<>" with your data

@Juan Carlos González Martín This is the first place I've seen this mentioned but my testing shows the same. This effectively makes any classic sites associated with a hub site dead-ends, unless you manually add links back to the hub site within the classic site directly. 

I wonder if this is due to the Master Page template controlling the global hub navigation element, and if the classic site's master pages could be modified to add it above the rest of the classic site template??? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by M Mohana Anjaneyulu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I think this is coming, but for now what you can do is connect your classic site to a new Office 365 Group and you should be able to join to a Hub Site

View solution in original post