Arguments for multi plattform intranet

Copper Contributor
Hi! How common is it for clients to go for a combined platform solution for their intranets, for example Episerver + SharePoint? Especially nowadays when SP has gotten so user friendly and "pretty", is it still customary? In what scenario would you recommend it for your clients?

Also, what functionality, if any, would you lose? Can you tag pages in Epi using the term store etc?

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciated!
2 Replies

Hello@Helena_Starenby ,

For a pure intranet platform customers generally look at one platform, what they may then use SharePoint for is document management or collaboration. 

For instance Interact for intranet platform and SharePoint for EDRMS. 

The way I explain the different to customers is an intranet is content that is open to all of the organisation and relevant to the majority of the organisation. As soon as you start closing sites with permissions thats collaboration/team sites. Some organisations classify the whole as the intranet. 

I haven't used EPiServer in a long time but what I can say is on the last 2 intranets I have deployed to customers we have used purely out of the box features of the new Modern SharePoint and they have been really impressed with the functionality and how easy it is to author pages. 

Hope that helps

Andy Hodges

@Helena_Starenby anything you can do to reduce complexity is good, so I'd go for (and did!) a single modern SharePoint solution.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Flow Community Super User