Archive a copy of a document every 3 days and save the last 5 archives

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I am trying to use Power Automate to archive a copy of a document into a different folder once every 3 days.  I have succeeded in doing this, however, I only have the options of saving every single copy by creating a new name for the copy every time, or by replacing the copy with the same name every time a new archive is triggered on 3rd days and therefore losing the most recent archive before then.

Is it possible to have a running folder of the last 5 archives?  For example, if it is archiving every 3 days, I want the last 5 archives, so every archive from the last 15 days.

Thanks.

1 Reply

@revolutionenergy You may need to create separate folder/library to store files from different timestamps with same name.

You cannot save 2 files with same name in same folder, you have to either rename file or replace existing file.

So, you can create a new folder every time flow runs (you can name folder based on current timestamp when flow runs) and copy files in that respective folder.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs