Approval Flow get Approvers from Sharepoint List

Copper Contributor

Hello there,

I'm trying to start an approval in Microsoft Flow for documents in a Sharepoint Online library. I don't like the mannager to be an approver, in our company it works a little different and the people who must approve change often. Is there a way to use a Sharepoint list of people as an approver list? This way more people could edit the list of approvers and I could have different lists for different document types etc.

I tried "get items" and start an approval for all entries in the list, but this has not the desired outcome.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

With Regards

Henning Tschalkowski

2 Replies

@Henning Tschalkowski, you can build simple approval workflow using "Get Item" action from the flow and use the ID of the list item from SharePoint list each approver you will use. You can always update the approver list (Please see the attachment) values.

Flow.PNG

@Devendra VelegandlaI am having an issue with the approval flow that I created. In my list I added columns for each approver for the item (there are 4) and I used the get item action, when I add the email to the send email action flow adds an apply to each for each email recipient added (see image) and sends multiple emails.Flow3.PNG