Any way to show all events in modern list calendar view?

Copper Contributor

I have a modern SharePoint list calendar view. For a given date it shows the first item then the "+ 2 more" link for showing the other items on that day. If you click the link it lists all the events for that day in the Events Pane to the right of the view. Is there any way to show the calendar will all the items expanded on the calendar itself.

On the classic calendar you could accomplish this by adding some JSON to the page, but this is not really an option with the modern list pages. At least I don't see how.

4 Replies
Not even a Microsoft collaborator replying? How disappointing.

@Steveareno @Peter Nieuwinckel  No, you cannot customize SharePoint out of the box calendar view to show the calendar with all the items expanded on the calendar itself.

Related Read: Create a modern Calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

You may need to develop your own custom web part using SPFx. Check SPFx samples available here which may help you to get started with: SPFx web part samples 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Nice try, but I think you misunderstood @Steveareno. ;)

The bold part is the key idea of his -and my- question :

I have a modern SharePoint list calendar view. For a given date it shows the first item then the "+ 2 more" link for showing the other items on that day. If you click the link it lists all the events for that day in the Events Pane to the right of the view. Is there any way to show the calendar with all the items expanded on the calendar itself.

It really is a pity that Microsoft is ever so slow at completing all the needed features when developing their "modern" stuff. Customers don't like half-baked.

@Peter Nieuwinckel Ah, thank you. I have corrected my above response, thanks again!

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.