Announcements app Migration From Classic to Modern

Copper Contributor

I have created a Announcement App and i created some items in it in Sharepoint on-premises 2016 ,and im trying to migrate it to sharepoint online it is migrating as List in sharepoint online.Is there any solution to  see the announcements in modern experience,is there any alternate solution to get it in the modern experience.

8 Replies

@Jaswanthi you can use JSON view formatting for your SharePoint list. See https://github.com/pnp/List-Formatting/tree/master/view-samples/announcements

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Actually I had announcements app in the sharepoint Online,Why it is not migrating to that announcements app in Modern Experience
Not all apps that were available in the classic experience can be used in modern, it's a different technology. Announcements is one of those which is why I suggested the JSON view of your custom list.

@Jaswanthi How you have migrated this list? Are you using communicate site or team site in SharePoint online?

There may be chances that Announcement list template is not supported in modern site you are using.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Im using the Team site,

@Jaswanthi Try navigating to classic experience add an app page and check if you have Announcements list template available on site. If it is available, you should be able to use it in classic experience: 

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/spconnect/_layouts/15/addanapp.aspx

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

In classic experience Announcement app is available,When im migrating it to modern it is migrating as a list,Even though there is announcement app in the sharepoint online

As I said before, the announcements app is for the classic SharePoint experience only. For the modern experience it was replaced by the news web part.